This morning I woke up and realized that I have never made a skincare routine for my blog! It’s been such a struggle having clear skin and I feel like I finally have a hold on controlling it. I truly used to have the worst breakouts! I always thought that it was due to having combo skin, either too oily or too dry. These products have worked wonders for me, and I hope that if you use it then it will work wonders for you too! Here are my tips.
C L E A N S E.
M O I S T U R I Z E.
I swear by using SPF every morning, I love the dermalogica clear start matte moisturizer. It’s super lightweight and it doesn’t feel oily on my face. I put this on every morning after I wash my face. At night, after I wash my face I use this dermalogica overnight treatment. It’s also superlightweight. It’s more of a treatment than moisturizer, but I use it like a moisturizer. It doesn’t burn like most acne treatments. Your skin shouldn’t burn for nice skin! I also can’t forget about my mario badescu rosewater! I love this stuff. I’ll spray it on after moisturizing, before & after my makeup, and throughout the day. My skin always tends to have have dry patches and I feel like this just keeps my skin so hydrated! Oh and I also love using smith’s rosebud salve for my lips and even sometimes a tad bit on my skin. A little goes a long way!
F A C E M A S K S.
I love trying out new face masks! I don’t necessarily use any of these daily. But sometimes it’s just so nice to put one on before bed and just relax or to wake up in the morning and feel refreshed. These are the ones I have loved, lush mask of magnaminty (I did a review on it here.), it’s skin carrot brightening mask, sheamoisture African black soap mud mask, tea tree peel off.
M A K E U P.
I haven’t been using a lot of skin makeup, but I do like to use concealer in certain spots of my face, like undereyes, breakouts, etc. I believe that certain products can definitely have an effect on breakouts. I’ve been using this new serum concealer, and I know it’s kinda costly but I mean a little goes a long way and I feel like it’s never bad to invest in good products for your skin! It’s pretty lightweight which I love but it also has good coverage. It’s good for that natural look. And I’m saying this again, because I always add this to my makeup look, smith’s rosebud salve!
T I P S.
– Everyone says this, but it’s true! Drink lots of water and eat healthy! You’re gonna get exactly what you feed your skin!
– Pay attention to what your skin needs, I was able to solve my skin problems because I knew that my skin is either too dry or too oily.
– Feel free to do some research! I always look at the ingredients on the products so I know what I’m putting on my face and whether or not they can hurt my face.
– MOISTURIZE! Whether it’s using a face lotion, or simply some vitamin E oil. I know that your skin may be oily but it’s important to moisturize to maintain healthy and glowing skin!
– Don’t fall asleep with makeup on! I’m very guilty of this, and it hurts me in the long run.
– Wash your face with a cleanser after using makeup removers. Makeup removers can leave oily residue.
Here are some pics of how my skin looks now 🙂
Finding my skincare routine used to be a struggle. I hope that you can find what works best for you! And the best thing to do is embrace all your flaws! I know that this was a long post so thanks for reading it!
Leave some products and tips you think I should be trying below in the comments. I would love to try them!